The Math Professional Development Modules support math departments in the alignment of their math programs, instruction, and assessments to SBAC, a college readiness metric. All sessions are centered on alignment of the Common Core State Standards – Math to SBAC as well as the school’s adopted math program.
Are your students prepared for college-level mathematics?
- State Indicators (CA Dashboard)
- Math Indicator for Student Achievement (Priority 4)
- College/Career Indicator (Priority 8)
- CSU/CCC Math Readiness
- Local Indicators (LCAP)
- Implementation of State Academic Standards (Priority 2)
- Access to a Broad Course of Study (Priority 7)
- Course Pass Rates: Grades 6 – Calculus
K-14 Mathematics Alignment Services
Vertical Alignment of Math Program to SBAC
Why This Is Important
The SBAC is the state-mandated assessment of California’s Common Core State Standards – Math resulting in CAASPP scores used by both K-12 and higher education. The exam embeds assessment of students’ Math Practices and the use of digital tools. Aligning the assessment to a site’s math program allows students to demonstrate knowledge of CCSS-M while allowing teachers to streamline their site’s foundational math program to a college readiness metric.
- Priority 4: Math Indicator – Student Achievement via SBAC/CAASPP Scores
- Priority 8: College/Career Indicator
- Priority 2: Implementation of State Academic Standards
- Priority 7: Access to a Broad Course of Study
Who Should Participate
- Math Teachers
- Math TOSA(s)
- Site and District Math Administrators
Living MS Excel spreadsheet aligning grade levels by SBAC Claim, Target and Standard designed for use over time to set targets and monitor student performance.
Teachers will learn how Common Core State Standards – Mathematics and Math Practice Standards (SMP) are assessed by the SBAC. Teams of up to three grade levels will work collaboratively to identify any gaps between the standards and their math program, identify key concepts for each grade level, and align assessments to SBAC. Teams will map out a vertical alignment document organized by SBAC Claim.
Day 1: CCSS-M and SBAC Aligned Key Concepts
Day 2: Alignment of SBAC Claim 1 (Concepts & Procedures)
Day 3: Alignment of SBAC Claims 2-4
$4,500 for three full-day sessions on-site for up to 30 participants.