The College Readiness Professional Development Modules provide comprehensive training on information crucial for both students and school accountability metrics. All training is provided in the context of local school needs (low income, first generation, AB540). Local school data are used in order to effectively target individual school needs and trends. Each topic is provided in one full-day PD session.
Are your students college eligible or college ready?
Do you know the difference?
Do you know how to get them there?
College Readiness & Counseling Metrics
- CA Dashboard – College/Career Indicator (Priority 8)
- LCAP – Access to broad course curriculum (Priority 7)
- Applications to Admits to Enrollments
- College Matriculation
- Freshmen to Sophomore Retention
- College Completion
College Readiness Services
The Process of College Application, Admission, and Enrollment
Why This Is Important
The application process is stressful for students and they look to the adults in their life for guidance during this difficult yet exciting time. While high schools celebrate their students’ higher ed acceptances in the spring, teachers and counselors are busy during the Fall semester with everything from the “should I apply?” questions to writing letters of recommendation. This Professional Development training prepares all school staff to accurately answer difficult student questions and provide much-needed support during this life-changing process.
The professional development is designed to improve students outcomes:
- Increase UC & CSU applications, admits, and enrollments.
- Increase student exposure to out-of-state and private college options.
Who Should Participate
The professional development is designed for the following educators:
- Teachers (all subjects)
- District and Site Administrators
Recommended Training Time
The recommended training time aligns to the cycle of college admissions.
Historical data report on UC and CSU rates of applications, admits, and enrolls for school site.
- UC & CSU Admission Requirements
- UC & CSU Applications
- Choosing a Major
- Making a College List
Participants will learn:
- the difference between admission practices at the UC and CSU systems.
- how applications are reviewed to determine minimum vs competitive eligibility.
- overview of applications needed for private and out-of-state colleges.
- how to guide students to select an appropriate major for both career choice and to maximize likelihood for admission.
- how to guide students to build a balanced college list to increase the number of college admissions.
$1,500 for up to 50 people.